Tuesday, November 14, 2023

This or That? - Yes or No on Black Friday Shopping

When we talk about Black Friday shopping, there seem to be one of two camps:


Oh yeah!!!!

and 


Hell no!!!

If I am honest, I'm in the "Hell no!!!" camp. It's one of the few things I don't enjoy about the holidays. But, I don't really enjoy shopping, so that is probably the reason. I shopped on Black Friday once and vowed never to do it again. 

The term Black Friday did not originate with the post-Thanksgiving Day shopping phenomenon. According to History, it signified the crash of the gold market on September 24, 1869. Like many terms that have been passed down through generations, there are other meanings, but by the time I started working in the retail in the early 1980s, the term referred to that day after Thanksgiving when stores opened early, running huge sales to attract holiday shoppers. 

How about you? Do you shop on Black Friday or not? What is the best deal you ever got on Black Friday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment