Tuesday, October 17, 2023

This or That? - Real Tree or Artificial Tree


Image by lyashenko on Freepik

I grew up in an apartment, so all I ever knew at Christmas time was the artificial tree my father pulled out of the basement each year for us to decorate. Imagine my surprise when he remarried, and his new wife wanted to go to the Christmas tree lot to choose their tree and then drive it home tied to the top of the car once it was time. 

As if that weren't odd enough, we had to cut this one down so it fit standing up in our living room, and then had to water it so it didn't catch fire and burn down our house. Like, what! I know it smells good, but one year my Christmas decorations were up until March. Could you see how dangerous a real tree endeavor could be for some people?


I'm still mostly an artificial tree person. It gives me the flexibility to put my trees up as early as I want, and they come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. 

Do you put up an artificial tree or buy a real one each year? What are some of your traditions surrounding putting up your tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment