Sunday, September 24, 2023

Welcome to Christmas Year Round: Sharing Christmas Joy All Year Long

 


Hello, friends and visitors who are stumbling upon this blog in one way or another. The Christmas Year Round: Sharing Christmas Joy All Year Long blog is one that was years in the making. What do I mean by that? 

Blogging has been a love of mine since I discovered it in 2007. Through the years I've started blogs, ended blogs, created new blogs with content from other blogs, and contributed to a variety of blogs along the way. Here is my current list of blogs I create content for and those I contribute to:

Books Can Be Deadly (This one needs love and attention)


What became apparent early on is that none of these blogs gives me the outlet to discuss what I truly love--Christmas. 

Growing up dangerously close to poverty, we didn't have much. However, my parents made Christmas special with decorations, holiday traditions, the gathering of family and friends, and the great food. When my mother received her first cancer diagnosis in 1980, followed by her death in 1982, seven days before Christmas, I felt certain Christmas would never be the same again. 

Yet, proving the goodness of God, the years that have passed have been filled with many wonderful Christmas memories, tons of special decorations, gatherings of friends and loved ones, and great food. It is my sincere belief that God makes this a joyful time for me despite the loss. 

As of right now, Christmas Year Round contains Christmas and winter content found on many of my other blogs:
  • Book reviews,
  • Movie reviews,
  • Inspirational quotes,
  • Recipes,
  • Little House on the Prairie fanfiction stories by yours truly.
However, fresh content is already scheduled in the coming days. As with any blog, it will grow and change as time goes on. I would like to add articles about travel destinations, Christmas around the world, Christmas history, and more. If you have any ideas, I hope you will share them in the comments. 

Again, I welcome you to Christmas Year Round. I hope you enjoy it and share the joy it brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three Things to Do in May to Prepare for Christmas

  There are 28 weeks or 200 days until Black Friday. As we in New England are planting our gardens, that seems so far off. But it will be he...